Community-minded Chesterfield residents are invited to help keep the borough tidy by joining in with community litter picks over the coming months.
After the success of the two litter picks held in March, Chesterfield Borough Council’s tenant engagement team has organised more events across the borough and is on the lookout for willing volunteers to get involved and lend a helping hand too.
The litter picks will take place a follows:
- Staveley - 20 June 2023. Meet at Devonshire and Darley Close
- Holme Hall - 27June 2023. Meet at Mercaston Close
- Racecourse - 18July 2023. Meet at Arundel Close
- Hasland - 25 July 2023. Meet at Annesley Close
- Barrow Hill - 22 August 2023. Meet at Chigwell Way
- Loundsley Green - 29 August 2023. Meet at Wenlock Close
- Newbold Moor - 19 September 2023. Meet at Kipling Road
- Newland Dale - 26 September 2023. Meet at Cavendish Court
All litter picks will take place between 10am and 12pm.
Litter pickers, high visibility jackets and gloves will be provided for everyone taking part. Anyone attending should wear sensible shoes and clothing.
Councillor Jean Innes, Chesterfield Borough Council’s cabinet member for housing, said: “Keeping our communities clean and tidy is one of our top priorities as a council and we do a lot of work to ensure our communities look presentable for our residents to enjoy.
“The litter picking events that have been organised provide an extra way to help keep the borough tidy and help boost pride in the area. These events are designed to be fun and sociable too, and can really boost community spirit, so I encourage as many people as possible to come along and take part.”
Anyone who would like any further information on the litter picks can contact the tenant engagement team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01246 345147.
Further information on tenant engagement opportunities.