Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Find out how it is affecting our services.

Benefits updates

Benefits advice and information

Benefits and advice contact information

Telephone: 01246 345345


Test and Trace Support - self isolation payments

The government have announced a new scheme where you can receive an isolation payment of £500 if you satisfy a set of criteria.

In addition to this scheme there will also be a discretionary scheme which would allow financial assistance to anyone who is suffering financial difficulties due to isolating but do not satisfy all of the criteria. The details of this scheme are not yet finalised, and more information will be published as soon as we’re able.

Find out more information and apply here.

Universal credit

Changes have been announced on how to access Universal Credit. 

If you are making a new claim for Universal Credit, you will no longer need to call the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Instead, a member of the DWP team will contact you directly if they need to check any of the information you provided as part of the claim, as well as messaging you on your online journal to confirm details.

Find out more

Key links:

Housing benefit or council tax support claims

To make a new claim or information, visit the benefits and advice section of our website.

Key links:

Email or post forms and supporting documentation to:


Address: Chesterfield Borough Council, Benefits Section, 85 New Square, Chesterfield, S40 1AH

Derbyshire discretionary fund

Helpline: 01629 533399

Appointment line: 01629 531918

Website: Derbyshire Discretionary Fund

Money, benefits and debt

Information on where you can go for help, from Derbyshire County Council

Jobs, skills, training and apprenticeships

Information and advice for people looking for employment, training or skills development, apprenticeships or grants and funding.

Last updated on 13 July 2021