Elder Way - former Co-op store
Occupying a pivotal site in the town centre, 'Elder Way' is a landmark mixed use scheme, breathing life into the town’s famous 1930s, mock Tudor former Co-op department store.
The development received planning permission in December 2015 and work started on site in winter 2017.
The first occupiers announced in February 2016 were Premier Inn. Jomast developments began the strip out of the former Co-operative department store in late 2017, in advance of a March 2018 start for conversion of the building into an 92-bed Premier Inn hotel, 7 family restaurants and a health and fitness centre. This investment will create 60 jobs.
The 92-bed hotel on the first and second floors opened in April 2019.
Completion of the ground floor and basement followed; 7 restaurant/ bar units were created on the ground floor along with 16,000 sqft of gym/D2 space in the basement. There is a new courtyard area for outside eating/drinking as well as the potential for outside seating along Elder Way. The ground floor units all benefit from new shop fronts/entrances
New restaurant, gym and hotel uses will complement each other in order to establish a destination leisure space and eating quarter.
What will Chesterfield Elder Way comprise?
The Elder Way project will comprise of:
- Seven new ground floor restaurant units, with glazed frontages and external seating ranging between 2,929 sq ft and 3,916 sq ft
- a new courtyard to be incorporated to the Knifesmithgate frontage, with opportunities for outside seating
- a 92 bedroom Premier Inn hotel on the first and second floors
- prominent ground floor corner access on Saltergate to basement level health and fitness unit extending to
approximately 16,285 sq ft
- a refurbished public realm to the Elder Way frontage and widened public footpaths
Opportunities at Elder Way
Download the full details of the Elder Way development and the commercial opportunities available.
Find out more about Elder Way
Call the economic development team at Chesterfield Borough Council on 01246 345255 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively please contact the agents for the property:
0113 234 1444