Communal heating charges

Communal heating charges

If you live in council accommodation, you may be liable to pay service charges.

Depending on the type and location of the accommodation, you may have to pay for your heating, lighting and hot water with your rent. If the complex has a communal gas and electricity supply, this will be divided between all residents and a proportion added to your rent. You will not then receive a gas or electric bill.

As a tenant you will be informed of any charges when you sign your agreement.

If you have any queries at any time about your housing service, management or maintenance, please contact our Neighbourhoods Team on 01246 345071.

Last updated on 29 April 2021