Council tenants - CCTV

Council tenants - CCTV

If you want to put up CCTV, you need written permission from the council as your landlord.

Your camera(s) should only point at your own garden or in front of your door if you live in a flat with shared areas.

You are responsible for the information you collect and people that you film in public areas can ask for a copy of what you have filmed.

Please read the Information Commissioners Office information below so that you know what your responsibilities are under data protection before installing your CCTV:

Last updated on 21 October 2021