Transfer incentive scheme
The transfer incentive scheme is a financial contribution to Chesterfield Borough Council tenants in specific situations.
Transfer to a sheltered scheme
Due to the shortage of family houses, the council offers incentives to existing tenants willing to move from a family house into either a flat or studio in a council sheltered housing scheme.
We have schemes at:
- Glebe Court, Old Whittington
- Catherine Court and Brocklehurst Court, Brampton
- Markham Court, Duckmanton
- Aston Court and Mallard Court, Staveley
Mutual exchange when under occupying
Due to changes brought about by the Welfare Reform Act, some households may find that they are under occupying their properties (as per the government's bedroom standard).
We will offer an incentive where an under-occupying household mutually exchanges their property for a smaller council property that results in their under occupancy being reduced to either:
- no longer under occupied
- under occupied by one bedroom (where their previous under occupancy was by two bedrooms or more)
Assistance with the move
If assistance is required to move to another property, we can offer help with:
- arranging removals
- arranging disconnection and reconnection of services
- refitting carpets
- repayment of rent arrears
The cost of carrying out any or all of the above would be taken from the lump sum and the balance paid to the tenants.
If you are interested in the scheme and would like to know more, please contact the Housing Options Centre.
Find out more about transferring between council properties.