Chesterfield Borough Council – My Chesterfield ‘win an iPad’ competition terms and conditions
1. The promoter for this competition is Chesterfield Borough Council, Town Hall, Rose Hill, Chesterfield S40 1LP (the "Promoter").
2. The competition will end at midnight on Friday 30 April 2021 (the “Closing Date”).
3. To enter the competition Participants must successfully register for a new Chesterfield Borough Council My Chesterfield account by the Closing Date.
4. Anyone with an existing Chesterfield Borough Council My Chesterfield account will be automatically entered into the competition.
5. There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
6.The competition is only open to Participants who:
a. Are liable to pay Council Tax or Business Rates to Chesterfield Borough Council
b. Work in Chesterfield Borough
c. Are aged 18 or over (the "Participants")
d. Have already registered for an existing Chesterfield Borough Council My Chesterfield account, or who do so before the competition deadline
7. Participants are not eligible if they are employees or elected members of the Promoter.
8. Only one entry per person will be permitted.
9. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition, or to claim a prize.
11. The prize is an Apple iPad 2020, 8th generation 10.2", 32GB with WIFI, worth approximately £360.
12. The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and notified by email within five working days of being selected.
13. The Promoter will contact the prize winner at the email address which they have registered on My Chesterfield. If the prize winner cannot be traced after five working days, they will forego the right to claim the prize and the Promoter will arrange for a replacement winning entry to be selected.
14. The prize winner should allow 28 days for delivery of their prize.
15. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable.
16. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding selection.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition without notice due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
18. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any Participant from participating in the competition.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. Incomplete, illegible or fraudulent entries may be considered void.
22. The competition is governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.