Government COVID-19 roadmap
As of 29 March, the ‘stay at home’ rule has ended – and some other restrictions also ease.
Meeting others outdoors
Outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either six people (the rule of six) or two households are now allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside. Households should not mix indoors.
Outdoor sports facilities
Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts can reopen, and people are able to take part in formally organised outdoor sports.
In Chesterfield, this means:
- outdoor facilities managed by Queen’s Park Sports Centre and the Healthy Living Centre in Staveley will be open for bookings
- council-run outdoor pitches will be available to hire
- outdoor gym facilities can be used
- multi-use games areas (MUGAs) can re-open
People should minimise travel and holidays are not permitted.
Full details of Government restrictions in place from 29 March are available on the Government's website. See the full COVID-19 roadmap.
Shielding for the clinically extremely vulnerable ends on 31 March.
Stay alert, control the virus, save lives
We're working closely with lead health organisations to ensure that the people of Chesterfield are protected and kept well informed.
It's crucial that you follow the Government guidelines about social distancing if you do have to leave your home.
Please ensure you:
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms:
Detailed information for the public on the outbreak of Coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and information about the virus and its symptoms is available on the GOV.UK website.
You can also find the latest information on the NHS website.
NHS test and trace
The NHS COVID-19 test and trace app is now available to download onto your smart phone - to download it, for more information about it and how to use it visit the NHS COVID app website.
· outdoor facilities managed by Queen’s Park Sports Centre and the Healthy Living Centre in Staveley will be open for bookings
· council-run outdoor pitches will be available to hire
· outdoor gym facilities can be used
· multi-use games areas (MUGAs) can re-open