Elections and voting enquiries

Elections and voting enquiries

We can help if you have an enquiry about elections or voting.

Find out about:

Lost or damaged poll cards

You don't need a poll card to vote at a polling station. You just need to be on the electoral register and eligible to vote in the election.

Contact our customer services team to check if you are registered to vote.

Lost or damaged postal votes

If your postal voting papers have been damaged you may still be able to use them. As long as we can clearly see your date of birth and signature you don't need replacements.

If one of your envelopes is unusable you can use the other to return your postal vote to us, or use your own envelopes.

We can provide replacements if you have lost your postal voting papers, or they are damaged - contact us to let us know.

You will need to collect your replacement postal vote from our Town Hall offices and bring proof of your identity.

Confirmation of residency

We can provide confirmation of residency for anyone that is on the electoral register. The confirmation will be posted to the individual at their registered address. Please contact us to to ask confirmation of residency by post.

If you need confirmation of residence more quickly you can call into our offices with proof of your identity and we can issue it straight away. No appointment is necessary, but each individual that needs the confirmation of residence must apply in person, and will need to bring photo ID such as a current driving licence or passport.

Change of name

We can update the electoral register if you have a new name, for example due to marriage, civil partnership or legally changing your name. Contact us to ask us to change your name on the electoral register.

Contact the elections team

If you still need to get in touch you can contact our elections team online:


Contact us about elections


Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.

You might also be interested in:

Last updated on 26/03/2024