Licence summary

If you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must have authorisation from the local authority in England and Wales.

If you are performing in Scotland, you must have permission, or the premises must hold a premises or other entertainment licence.

Permission in Scotland is obtained from the authority issuing the premises licences.

You must comply with any conditions attached to an authorisation.

Regulation summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Apply online

Apply for a hypnotism permit

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, you can find consumer advice on the Gov.uk website. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.


Last updated on 23/11/2023