Complaints about members

Complaints about members

How to complain about a councillor

Complaints that a councillor may have broken the Code of Conduct are looked at by the monitoring officer and by the standards committee.

If you want to complain about the conduct of a councillor of Chesterfield Borough Council, Staveley Town Council or Brimington Parish Council, please send your complaint to:

The Monitoring Officer
Town Hall
Rose Hill
S40 1LP

or email

The council can only look at complaints about the behaviour of a member. If you make a complaint it must be about why you think a member has not followed the code of conduct.

Complaints will be looked at in accordance with the procedure below.

If our documents are not accessible to you, you can request a different format here.
Chesterfield Borough Council code of conduct for members PDF (PDF 33 KB)
Procedure for reported breach of member code of conduct PDF (PDF 33 KB)

Further information

Kelly Tuck (Monitoring Officer)
Phone: 01246 345310

Deputy Monitoring Officer – Currently vacant

Read about all other types of complaints.

Last updated on 10/06/2024