Apply for a discount, exemption or reduction

You could be entitled to money off your Council Tax depending on who lives in your home, or if your property is unoccupied.

Find out about:

Apply online

You can apply for a discount, exemption or reduction online, but you can contact us to see if you will qualify before you apply.

We may need to see proof or visit your property before we can make a decision.

Button _apply -online -here

Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.

What happens next?

We will let you know if we need to see any proof, or if we will visit your home to check that you qualify. 

If your application is successful we will apply the discount, exemption or reduction to your account. 

We will send you a new bill and let you know your new payments. If your account is in credit you can claim a refund.

Tell us if something changes

You must tell us straight away if you are no longer entitled to a discount or exemption that you have been given.

If you don't tell us within 21 days of your situation changing you could receive a £70 penalty. You must also tell us if we have given you a discount or exemption by mistake.

We may contact you from time to time to check that you are still entitled to the discount or exemption that you have been given. 

You may also be interested in:

Last updated on 01 April 2021