Having your say
We want to hear from you. Here are just some of the many ways you can get involved with your local council or let us know your views, you can:
- contact your local councillor - councillors also hold surgeries in their wards where you can air your views, make a complaint or ask them about specific council issues or services
- attend our meetings or read our meeting papers online - we provide copies of minutes and agendas for all council and committee meetings and our Forward Plan of forthcoming decisions on our website and on request at the Town Hall. Note that charges for copies of documents may apply
- make comments on the major decisions to be taken by the council's Cabinet through our Forward Plan
- submit questions to council
- make representations to Planning Committee on applications
- get involved by having your say on the issues we carry out consultation on
- contact the council or your local councillor through our online enquiries system, by telephone on 01246 345345, or in writing to Chesterfield Borough Council, Town Hall Chesterfield, S40 1LP
- use your vote in the local elections as councillors are elected by the community to represent their views
You may also want to consider becoming a councillor. To find out more visit the Be a councillor website.
You can download a copy of the council's Customer Services Strategy here, which describes the service you can expect in your contact with the council.